--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guru Dev repeatedly said that he was not forwarding his own beliefs,
> but those of the Shastras & that others should live by the Shastras,
> & not by their own initiative.

That was his job, afterall...

While every good Catholic expects the Pope to be spontaneously doctrinally pure
of heart,
the fact is, regardless of his private thoughts on any matter, it is his duty
to expouse the
most conservative, Romanly pure doctrine in every utterance. Likewise with a
Shankaracharya.

MMY assigns himself the same task, but he interprets much of the doctrine quite
differently than most.