--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And that is a major role of the Guru to settle such disputes over the
> meaning of the Shastras and clarify about apparent contradictions.
> Which is why they are supposed to be so-o-o-o learned, AND be in the
> light entirely.
> Incidentally I am not presenting my own view on this, but that which
> I have learned from the words of Guru Dev.

See my previous response about the meaning of words. MMY doesn't pretend to
have the
detailed answers for individuals from different countries: he assumes that
every religion
has found its own appropriate implementation of the  catagories of behavior
described in
the Shastras that is relevant for the time and culture that people find
themselves in.

The only sure constant is TM. Everything else gets added onto the person as
their nervous
system matures, so agonizing over the details is futile and counter-productive.