The only interpreting that should be done on Guru Dev is in the
choice of word to use for translating a Hindi or Sanskrit word. So
the word 'parivartana' is interpreted as 'change' or 'transfer'.
So it is unlikely that he meant 'interchange' or 'mutability'
or 'reduction'. However he used the English word 'class' so I would
interpret that he probably meant 'class', but I guess we could argue.

Dictionary definition:-
parivartana - n.mas. reversal alternation, reciprication,
transference, commutation, reduction, transmission, variation, turn,
mutability, modulation, mutation, shift, interchange, transposition,
change, revolution;

'Some people say that having taken a guru you should not make
another. But this doctrine is not of the shaastra, this is [just]
mind's imagination. The guru is gone to for happiness. Up until when
bhagavad (God, Vishnu, Shiva) is gained, up until then you can go and
change guru. So then we haven't seen any guru-bhakt (follower) always
studying in the same 'class' of a guru out of fear. Actually it is
natural to transfer 'class' and to transfer guru. It is not
disrespectful to the former guru, actually the guru's dignity/respect
has been done, but you will go beyond that study if you get the
disciplineship of new gurus.'
[exerpt of 'Shri Shankaracharya UpadeshAmrita' kaNa 69 of 108]
translation - Paul Mason © 2006

> I just want to make one point regarding the the discussion on
> interpreting Guru Dev. Why interpret at all? It is like
interpreting
> the sun. I think sometimes we can get so intellectually caught up
in
> experiences that we become nearly blind to the experience itself.
Live