> > > Why would they be TBers if they didn't believe that TM was
> > > the best thing since sliced bread?
> >
> > Well, that's sorta the point, dude.
> >
> > For people who are part of many other organizations
> > that teach meditation, it would never occur to them
> > to think that their particular brand of meditation
> > was "the best" or "better" than all others.
> >
> > The *reason* this would not have occurred to them
> > is that, unlike in the TMO, they were never *told*
> > that their technique was "the best," over and over
> > and over and over and over and over, for years and
> > years and decades. The latter approach is called
> > brainwashing, dude. That the people who have been
> > subjected to it believe that their technique is
> > "best" says nothing whatsoever about the technique,
> > only about the effectiveness of the brainwashing.
> >
> > True Believers are *created*. They don't just
> > happen. You believe that TM is "the best" because
> > you've been TOLD that so often, for so many years.
> > And sadly, you still don't realize this...
>
> I'm well-aware of teh mechanism. However, being brainwashed
> doesn't preclude being correct...

IF it were correct, why would it be necessary to
try to convince its practitioners that it was
"the best?" Why would it be necessary to claim
it was, over and over and over and over and over?
Why would it be necessary to browbeat its prac-
titioners to make them afraid to try any other
technique of meditation or even sit in the same
room with someone practicing another technique
of meditation, so that some comparison might
be made?

Let's face it, dude...you've been brainwashed.
You've been told to look down on any form of
meditation other than TM, so you do.

And the amazing thing is, you do all this with-
out *ever* having tried any of these other
techniques yourself, to see if what you were
told is true. You consider giving them a try
to be "off the program" and "dangerous" and
somehow "disrespectful" to Maharishi, right?

And you think all these ideas are your own.

Yeah, right.