> People who are trying actively to control what
> others are allowed to read and see on TV are
> censors, whatever they call themselves.

Wrong.  The only entities who can actively
control what others are allowed to read and
see on TV are the publishers and TV stations
themselves.

> You were trying to change what the American
> people were allowed to see, to make it more
> what YOU wanted them to see.

Wrong.  I was advocating that ABC choose to
make changes to what it had planned to
broadcast.

  (Judy's first
> "suggestion," which she backed off from when
> we pointed out that it was censorship PER SE,
> was that the film be yanked off the air until
> after the elections and then shown ONLY on pay
> TV.)

Wrong.  I did not "back off" anything, nor did
I suggest an alternative to pulling the broadcast
because anybody claimed advocating the broadcast
be changed was "censorship."

That is not what censorship is, in the first
place.  In the second place, I made a different
suggestion because it occurred to me that a
rebuttal following the broadcast would be a
more effective way of exposing the falsehoods
in the film.

> That not only makes you a censor, it makes you
> EXACTLY like the Bushies you rail against on this
> forum. You're a censor. Live with it, hypocrite.

Wrong.  Check with a lawyer.  If the Bushies were
to order ABC to pull the film or make changes in
it, *that* would be censorship.  It is not
censorship for members of the public to advocate
that ABC make the choice to do so.

In fact, it's people like you, who toss around the
term "censorship" without regard for what it
actually means, who use it as a weapon against
people exercising their right to speak because you
disagree with what they have to say, who endanger
free speech.

You are the hypocrite, and the person who has
something unpleasant to live with.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: