> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Several years ago I saw a CSPAN event where both Bill O'Reilly
and
> > Franken were both speaking.  Franken in his speech gave his
> > evidence why he called O'Reilly a "liar" in his book.  The main
> > one he concentrated on was that O'Reilly claimed on his show that
> > he won a Peabody Award.
> >
> > In actuality, O'Reilly never won a Peabody Award.  But he did
win
> > another award that started with a "P".
>
> Actually O'Reilly said "we" won the Peabody, not "I"
> won the Peabody.  But that would have been a lie even
> about the Polk Award; Inside Edition won the Polk for
> reporting it did after O'Reilly had left the show.
>
>   And it was so, so obvious
> > that when O'Reilly said it one day on his broadcast that he mixed
> > up his words and Peabody came out instead of the correct one.
>
> Becomes considerably less "obvious" when you know
> that he also said it in a speech in February 2001
> and repeated it numerous times on his shows, in at
> least one case repeating it over and over on a single
> show during one interview.
>
> And then denied ever having said it when Al Franken
> first pointed it out (this was before the C-SPAN
> event).  He did later correct himself on the air
> after the C-SPAN incident got a lot of publicity.
>
> Franken had O'Reilly dead to rights.

Assuming you're right (and I don't think you are, but let's assume
it for a moment) and that's the worst that O'Franken can come up
with considering that O'Reilly has, literally, thousands of hours of
broadcasting under his belt, then that's not that too terrible.

Again, I'm no fan of O'Reilly but I can understand why you're a fan
of Franken's: like you, he likes to call people liars.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: