--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> So, where does mind stop and intellect start? Any hard criteria?
>
> Also, has MMY indicated any "required" reading (shortlist preferred)
> to give the mind/intellect the stuff it needs to completely
> grasp/stabilize experiences TC/CC?

The intellect is the discriminator, which makes it possible for us to
make decisions -- buddhi (intellect) throws light on the mind to make
decisions possible (and thank God, it enables Prez Bush to say "I am
the decider").

I believe that MMY has said that the only required understanding to
gain CC is to understand "witnessing" (the feeling that grows when
increasing awareness makes one feel that one is looking at the body
from a distance) -- otherwise, one would feel reluctant to go on
meditating, without the intellectual understanding of an experience
that could seem strange.

To gain Brahman Consciousness, I believe that MMY has said that
reading the Brahma Sutras http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_Sutras
helps to culture the gaining of BC. Although somebody at any level of
consciousness might find some value in reading the Brahma Sutras, MMY
says that they have no relative meaning (although they may be found
to have some relative value) -- the Brahma Sutras explication of the
absolute value of life helps those in God Consciousness to enter the
seventh state of consciousness, BC.

http://geocities.com/bbrigante/sevenstates.html

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional