> > > The rest of us can talk all we want
> > > about cutting down the number of egoranters who
> > > dominate the group, but these two are just going
> > > to keep doing what they've always done.  They won't
> > > change because THEY SEE NOTHING WRONG with
> > > dominating an entire forum with their own
> > > self-obsessed posts.
> >
> > Or perhaps they don't see themselves as
> > dominating the entire forum...

<snipped by Barry, restored>

> > ...and don't perceive
> > their posts to be self-obsessive.

> As a last favor before starting on my own cut-
> down-on-my-number-of-posts quest, I feel that
> I should point out to concerned FFL members that,
> as predicted, Judy doesn't feel that the fact
> that she and her sockpuppet make 25% of all posts
> made here constitutes "dominating the forum."

No, sorry, that's not "as you predicted."

What you predicted was that we *wouldn't see
anything wrong* with dominating the forum.

If we don't believe we're dominating the forum,
obviously you can't say we don't see anything
wrong with it.

> This means that she feels that the two of them
> still have a lot of *slack* before they ever get
> to what they consider "dominating the forum."
>
> On alt.meditation.transcendental it took Judy
> ten years to make 17,337 posts. On Fairfield
> Life, in only a little more than a year, she
> has made 7,074 posts.

(For the record, most of my posts to alt.m.t were
*much* longer than those I leave on FFL.)

> On a.m.t. it took Sparaig the same ten years or
> so to make a total of 6,720 posts there. In a
> little more than a year on FFL, he has made
> 8,561 posts.
>
> I'd be worried if I were you...

Translation: Barry's worried because so many of
those posts involve Lawson and me calling Barry
on his crap.

<snipped by Barry; restored>

> > One way to ensure I didn't post as much would
> > be for Barry to stop attacking and lying about
> > me and other TMers here. Come to think of it,
> > that would cut Barry's own posts down by at
> > least half.
> >
> > Actually a lot more than half, if today and
> > yesterday are any guide. Of the 17 [now 18]
> > posts Barry made today and yesterday, only
> > five were *not* attacks on Lawson and/or me
> > (and only *one* of those five was not an attack
> > on anybody).

More than *two-thirds* of Barry's posts today and
yesterday were attacks on Lawson and/or me.

One thing's for sure: That proportion is only going
to go up if Barry reduces the number of posts he
makes.  It should mean less crap for me and Lawson
to call him on, though.

In general, the percentage of Barry's posts overall
that are attacks on *somebody* is very, very high,
much higher than mine and certainly a *lot* higher
than Lawson's.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: