> <snip>
> > Given Sparaig's reply and the incredibly adolescent
> > hostility behind it, and given Judy's failure to
> > acknowledge that the number of her posts and the
> > tone of them is even an *issue*, I think there is
> > no other alternative.  Neither of these people is
> > going to either self-correct or "play nice" with
> > any imposed restriction on their posts.
> >
> > Again, I *apologize* for having mentioned this
> > group on AMT a year ago. If I hadn't you wouldn't
> > have been faced with this alien infestation. And
> > as in "Aliens," I honestly think that at this point
> > your only choice is to take off and nuke the whole
> > planet from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
>
> Just one comment: This is the guy who went ballistic
> a few weeks ago and accused me of wanting to restrict
> what people are allowed to see on television.
>
> Barry Wright, Master of Inadvertent Irony.

And SO FAR, Judy has not even acknowledged that
there is even an ISSUE surrounding her. Unlike
Sparaig, who was at least honest enough to say
that he considers the legitimate complaints that
people have been making about his posting behavior
a joke and that he has no plans to change anything,
Judy has as far as I know not even acknowledged
that there has even *been* such a discussion.

She CERTAINLY has not made any post suggesting
that she's heard the complaints, has considered
them, and is willing to try to *change* the behavior
that people have been complaining about.

Therefore, what does she suggest that people on
FFL *DO*?  She's ignoring the whole issue, hoping
that it will go away so she can keep posting as
often and as inappropriately as she wants.

The only thing that's gotten her attention so
far is my suggestion that she be banned from
the group for several months. I would suggest
to the FFL moderators that this should tell you
something. She won't self-correct. Some action
is going to be necessary from your side if you
want to change things, and this is the ONLY
thing she has responded to so far.

Give the bitch a "time out" of several months
and then let her come back and at that point
see if she's learned anything and proceed
accordingly. That's not censorship, that's
taking an agressive but compassionate approach
with someone who is out of control and who has
demonstrated that she's not sane enough to try
to re-establish control herself.

To make it fair, revoke my posting rights for
exactly as long as you revoke hers. Or, as
Alex has suggested, ask me to leave if you
think that'll cut down on her and Sparaig's
hysteria. Whatever you think will help, I am
willing to do it without coercion.

I think Judy has established that she is not.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: