> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Given Sparaig's reply and the incredibly adolescent
> > > hostility behind it, and given Judy's failure to
> > > acknowledge that the number of her posts and the
> > > tone of them is even an *issue*, I think there is
> > > no other alternative.  Neither of these people is
> > > going to either self-correct or "play nice" with
> > > any imposed restriction on their posts.
> > >
> > > Again, I *apologize* for having mentioned this
> > > group on AMT a year ago. If I hadn't you wouldn't
> > > have been faced with this alien infestation. And
> > > as in "Aliens," I honestly think that at this point
> > > your only choice is to take off and nuke the whole
> > > planet from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

> And SO FAR, Judy has not even acknowledged that
> there is even an ISSUE surrounding her. Unlike
> Sparaig, who was at least honest enough to say
> that he considers the legitimate complaints that
> people have been making about his posting behavior
> a joke and that he has no plans to change anything,
> Judy has as far as I know not even acknowledged
> that there has even *been* such a discussion.
>
> She CERTAINLY has not made any post suggesting
> that she's heard the complaints, has considered
> them, and is willing to try to *change* the behavior
> that people have been complaining about.
>
> Therefore, what does she suggest that people on
> FFL *DO*?  She's ignoring the whole issue, hoping
> that it will go away so she can keep posting as
> often and as inappropriately as she wants.
>
> The only thing that's gotten her attention so
> far is my suggestion that she be banned from
> the group for several months. I would suggest
> to the FFL moderators that this should tell you
> something. She won't self-correct. Some action
> is going to be necessary from your side if you
> want to change things, and this is the ONLY
> thing she has responded to so far.
>
> Give the bitch a "time out" of several months
> and then let her come back and at that point
> see if she's learned anything and proceed
> accordingly. That's not censorship, that's
> taking an agressive but compassionate approach
> with someone who is out of control and who has
> demonstrated that she's not sane enough to try
> to re-establish control herself.
>
> To make it fair, revoke my posting rights for
> exactly as long as you revoke hers. Or, as
> Alex has suggested, ask me to leave if you
> think that'll cut down on her and Sparaig's
> hysteria. Whatever you think will help, I am
> willing to do it without coercion.
>
> I think Judy has established that she is not.

Barry, I appreciate your honesty about dealing with your role in all of this.
Thank you.
You need to ignore the others, though.  You so obviously have long-standing
issues with
them.  You MUST NEVER READ their posts.   Disengage.  You are getting pulled
down.  If
you can, stay focused on yourself.  Your day will go better, you will feel
happier.  I often
like your posts when they are not about Judy, but your own compulsion is to
read Judy's
and/or react to her. She has you hooked, and you have her hooked.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: