> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > I've  worked in the games industry for many years.  One interesting
> > thing is that many of the game programmers don't play games.   I
> > personally find them boring and a waste of time and wince when I
> > actually have to play a game to debug it...
>
> Tell me about it. I haven't played any computer game
> since the original SRI "Adventure," and don't feel
> the least bit deprived because of that.

There's a huge number of interesting games out there. For dungones and dragons
fans
there's the MMORPG games like Everquest and Worlds of Warcraft. For
puzzle-lovers,
there's all sorts of stuff. For sports lovers, likewise. While its true that
reflexes aren't
honed (except thumb-twitching) by most computer games, the military is able to
afford
high-end physical interface stuff and uses computer simulations training of
everything
from planes to tanks. They even use war game simulators as advertising for
joining the
military.

There's potential for using MMORPG technology to test and train future teams of
people
and recently, someone was hired as a technical manager partly due to his online
experience as a guild leader in either EQ or WoW.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: