--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Re: U.S. nixes 2000 pundits
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
>
> bbrigante wrote:
> > > ****************
> > >
> > > The U.S. policy of denying visas for economic reasons (not
> letting
> > in
> > > poor people because of the concern that they will not go home
> when
> > > their visas expire) is not discriminatory (except, obviously,
on
> > the
> > > basis of financial status) because it applies the same to
> > applicants
> > > from every country. I would like to see the pundits here, but
few
> > > Americans want every poor person in the world to move here, and
> > most
> > > want to.>>
> >

> > If they are students and can prove support while they are here
> > (which they certainly can) then it is definately discrimination
and
> > is unconsitutional and against the law.
> >
> > OffWorld
> >

> **************
>
> Here's the way the U.S. State Dept. and most American citizens look
> at it: fine, foreign students can come to school here in the U.S.,
> but we don't want you to stay and take away jobs from Americans.
>
> And, in fact, many people admitted on visas, student
> or otherwise, overstay them, and they comprise nearly half of the
> illegal immigrants in the U.S.:
>
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5485917
>
> Who are the people who are most likely to overstay visas? Poor
> people, with poor job prospects back in their home country, who
will
> want to stay in the U.S. after their visa expires. The pundits'
> poverty is why they were denied entry -- it does not matter that
they
> would be supported while they are here on their visas, legally --
the
> question is, how many would stay in the U.S. after their visas
> expire? Probably none, but that is not the point of view of State
> Dept screeners, who have to deal with the fact that nearly half of
> all illegal immigrants are visa holders who overstay in the U.S.
> because there are economic
> opportunites here not available in their home countries.>>

So you advocate discrimination based on how much money a person has?
The 9/11 attackers had access to unlimited money while they were
here. They were rich (in pocket). They were a real problem.

Advocating discrimination against the poor anywhere, based purely on
the fact that they are poor, is advocating breaking the constitution
and the law. It will not stand in a country that calls itself
America. Discrimination based on these purely prejudiced factors is
un-American,  and unethical, ignorant, and illegal.

They should be sued .

OffWorld

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional