Hi Vaj,
Where can I find out about Sri Vidya and the worship of the Sri
Yantra?

By the way, there is a reference to Brahmanandaji worshipping a Sri
Yantra made of rubies or some other precious gems in Swami Rama's
Book on the Himalayan Masters.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, coldbluiceman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Vaj wrote:

> > > Namaste Vaj Ji,
> > > I most politely, in case you are
> > > intersted in the facts..
> > > Sri Adi Shankara while at His origianl
> > > mutt at Kanchi, one day
> > > presented a gift of earrings to the
> > > Temple Diety-
> > > Devi Sri Tripurasundari.
> > >
> > > The earrings are the "Sri Yantra" itself and
> > > the mantras are
> > > inscribed uopn those earrings,
> > > that were presented by Adi Shankara
> > > to the Devi Tripurasundari.
> > >
> > > The Goddess / Devi Lalita Tripurasundari
> > > that Adi Shankara presented
> > > His gift to was His Divine Beloved at that
> > > particular temple in
> > > Kanchi.
> > >
> > > But Adi Shankar's true Divine Beloved Bhagawan w
> > > as Him-Govinda to
> > > whom He-Adi Shankar wrote-
> > >  'Bhajo Govindam'...
> >
> > Nonetheless there are Sri Vidya texts
> > attributed to Adi Shankara--
> > whether we believe that they actually
> > were written by him is another
> > question. Some accept this, others do not.

> > > No it does not. Please find
> > > ONE SINGLE SHANKARACHARYA*
> > > that "worships a Sri Vidya" from
> > > the website of a living
> > > *Legimate* Shankaracharya in
> > > any of the mutts / maths.
> >
> > And why would I expect to see such
> > a thing on a website? Seems a
>
> 1). Puri Peeth has celebrated Sri Krishna Janmashtami every year
> with a chariot/Rath Yatra procession of Sri JagganathJi(Sri
Krishna)
> for thousands of years. In fact Adi Shankara set this math as a
> Vaishanvite monastery, Puri Peeth is not even advait vedanta!!
> check out the pics
> http://www.purionline.com/puri/ratha-yatra-2006/gallery.htm
>
> Sure doesn't look like worship of a "Sri Yantra"
> http://www.purionline.com/puri/
>
> 2). Sringeri Peeth special functions and celebrations
> http://www.sringerisharadapeetham.org/html/Guide/2006engfest.html
>
> Nothing in there regarding a celebration related to worshipping
> a Sri Yantra.
> Although there was-, 'Sri Krishna Jayanti' celebration on 08/15/06.
>
> 3). Dwarka Peeth- Sri Swami Swaroopananda Saraswati, highly
doubtful
> he worships a Sri Yantra.
>
> 4). Jyosimutt/ Badrikashram- Sri Swami Swaroopananda Saraswati,
> highly doubtful he worships a Sri Yantra.
>
> 5). Kanchi mutt- here is the link go see if this mutt engages in
> worship of Sri Yantra
> http://www.kamakoti.org/peeth/aboutpeetham.html
>
> > silly proposition--esp.
> > since a number of us on this list have been
> > initiated into various aspects of Sri Vidya
> >  via the Shank. tradition!
>
> Namaste Sir Vaj Ji
> Which living legimate Shankarachraya were  you "initiated" by?

> > > ."just (*deeply ocnfused*) facts"..and
> > > Her full name is Devi Lalita Tripurasundari.
> >
> > Yes.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: