--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Outraged that the smug, hypocritical asshole who helped create that
> law is getting bitchslapped by it? You gotta be kidding!
>
> And, actually, I'm not particularly outraged by that law. It basically
> establishes 18 as the age of consent with respect to sexually explicit
> speech between individuals on the Internet. I don't find that any more
> draconian than a state age of consent law set at 18 or the law
> requiring porno actors be 18.

Below is Attorney General Ashcroft praising Foley for helping to
establish the law.  It can be found on the "Help Congressman Foley
Protect Our Children" website here http://www.votervoice.net/groups/foley/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, JUNE 25, 2002
WWW.USDOJ.GOV   AG
(202) 514-2008
TDD (202) 514-1888

STATEMENT OF ATTORNEY GENERAL JOHN ASHCROFT ON THE PASSAGE OF THE
SMITH-POMEROY-FOLEY CHILD OBSCENITY AND PORNOGRAPHY PREVENTION ACT

"I am pleased that the House of Representatives passed the Child
Obscenity and Pornography Prevention Act, a bill that will strengthen
the ability of law enforcement to protect children from abuse and
exploitation. I urge the Senate to bring this important legislation to
the floor as soon as possible.

"I want to thank Chairman Sensenbrenner for guiding this important
legislation through the Judiciary Commitee, and Congressmen Lamar
Smith, Mark Foley, and Earl Pomeroy for their leadership on this bill.
They have worked tirelessly to protect the health and safety of children.

"The Department of Justice remains solid in its commitment to
identify, investigate, and prosecute those who sexually exploit
children. I look forward to working with Congress to see to it that
this legislation becomes law, so that we may continue in our efforts
to eliminate child pornography and prosecute offenders."

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: