--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gimari03 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OKay, a quickie reponse, then I'm done.  Just to explain the
situation, as I saw it, for those
> interested.
>
> I attended alone.  There was NOT a planned outcry/battle against
this, to my knowledge.

> In fact, no "debate" nor conversation" was tolerated.
>
> The high school made an announcement - I saw it in the paper.
An "informal
> informational" meeting was being held about this new program
funded by the DL
> foundation- with open invitation to interested parties.  Since my
kids graduated from the
> school, I was curious.
>
> The "informal" meeting was a slick roll out of a program.  Seven
well educated speakers
> came up to present benefits of TM-the-technique with extensive
computer overheads by
> power point and video.  They spoke w the standard smooth
reassuring monotone.

> A few mintues were allowed for questions.  One person asked about
the puja or mantras.
> The MSAE headmaster at the podium dodged the question "We have a
proven method of
> instruction that is identical and personalized for each
individual."

> The TLHS principal became uncomfortable with a few questions, she
said there was nor
> more time for questions.  I had a few questions also, was not
allowed to ask.

> When it became clear that we were not allowed to ask anything,
Susan C calmly walked
> onto the stage, past the principal and MSAE headmaster.  She stood
center stage and said
> "I am a former TM teacher" blah blah..  She said maybe two
sentences.  (I didn't know she
> lived here.)
> The principal called for security to remove her from the stage and
the lights were dimmed.

> Someone else (a man I know w/o religious nor TM affiliation)
yelled "Allow her to talk!"
> I tried to hush him.
>
> Another father yelled "We didn't come to hear her.  We came to
hear them!" pointing to the
> TMO folks.  Then he added "You don't have kids here anyway!  What
do you care?!"

> My friend said "Yeah! Well they (pointing to the TMO folks) don't
have kids here either!"
> (oi!)

LOl....so an ex-TM teacher was able to stop an initiative in a
school in which she has no involvement. That is truly sick.

> We were all surprised about the press' spin of "religious
minority".  >>

Well thanks for your explanation Gina. It is possible that the TM-ex
teacher is now a fundamentalist christian of some sort. Not for
sure, but it is often the case in these intense interferences in
other people's business.

OffWorld

> That's all folks.
> Best to all!
> Gina

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gullible fool <fflmod@>
wrote:

> > Same thing here. This quote was designed to make
> > it look as if the Lynch grant was the victim of
> > a "hit" when in fact it was the victim only of
> > the TM movement's own history being revealed.
> > This quote was designed to appeal to *TMers*,
> > and to make them feel persecuted. Fascinating
> > how many people here on this group fell for it.
> >
> > Also, I think it's important to look at the
> > *response* from the Lynch Foundation. When con-
> > fronted, they cut and run. An indicator to me
> > that the only way they'll *ever* get a program
> > like this accepted is to do it quietly and behind
> > closed doors, so that no one can tell the "buyers"
> > what it is that they're buying and who it is
> > they're buying from.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: