> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <jedi_spock@> wrote:
> >
> >     Is there a Conspiracy to corrupt the Vedic Pundits.??
>
> Now THAT is something I hadn't thought of, but I'm almost
> certain that a few people who have contributed to this
> forum (e.g. ColdBlueIce) would feel obligated to try to
> their utmost to make it so and come to think of it, Swami
> Swaroopananda and friends probably feel the same way.

As I heard it, Coldbluiceman (in the best TMer
entrepreneurial spirit) has opened a "Seduce A
Pundit" stand within sight of the frat windows,
where nubile young Iowa babes are encouraged to
sunbathe nude and fondle themselves.

Sparaig, *someday* you and Jason should learn to
keep your unreasoning paranoia to yourselves.

One thing that might help is to rent a copy of
Tibetan/Bhutanese filmmaker Khyentse Norbu's
film "The Cup." The "actors" in his film are
all monks in Norbu's monastery in Bhutan. They
give one a more real view of the *humanness*
that exists in real monks, and of the things
they really think about on a daily basis.

This is a recommendation for everyone, BTW. It's
really a *wonderful* film, up there with the
work of Satyajit Ray in terms of capturing the
mindset of the East. The basic plot revolves
around some young monks in a Tibetan Buddhist
monastery who are scheming to find some way to
rent a TV and a satellite dish so that they can
watch the soccer World Cup. It's utterly delightful,
a masterful work of direction, and Norbu's first
film.

Norbu himself is not only a Tibetan monk, he's
a tulku, or recognized incarnation of a famous
teacher from the past. I met him briefly in Santa
Fe when he was there on a fundraising tour, and
have rarely been so impressed. The room was full
of rich potential donors, all clammoring for his
attention, to get him to focus on them and give
them some "strokes" in return for the money they
were going to contribute to the film. His *equan-
imity* in the face of this was what was impressive.
He gave everyone *exactly* the same attention,
whether they were one of the richest people in
the world (one of whom was there), or a young kid
working his third job serving tea. Neat to see.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: