--- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > People make a mistake when they view advaitin
> > > teachings as presenting conceptual models of
> > > Realization for a waking state intellect. For
> the
> > > waking state intellect they are obviously
> lacking as
> > > you and others have pointed out. It doesn't mean
> what
> > > they say is false or wrong, its just that they
> are
> > > meant to be applied in two ways: as a tool for
> > > transcendence or as a conceptual understanding
> of a
> > > direct experience that you are having. Contrast
> this
> > > with MMY's teaching which presents a conceptual
> model
> > > of Realization for a waking state intellect. The
> > > waking state mind has something to chew on...
> >
> > I would add, "and to cling to, as a mechanism for
> > keeping the actual experience of realization
> away..."
>
> But in MMY's model, CC, at least, is inevitable. It
> is merely a product of a transition in how
> the brain works.

I don't see CC as a product of brain functioning.
Brain functioning is reflected in the functioning of
mind and vice versa. Consciousness realizing its own
unlocalized nature will profoundly effect brain
functioning but not the other way around.

> In MMY's model, all the
> intellectual theory is meant to do is provide a
> comfortable interpretation of this transition to
> alleviate the discomfort that might arise
> from intellectual confusion.

MMY's model is great for a waking state understanding
of Realization. After Realization the knowledge to
understand what is happening is there, but it is not
conceptualized as it was in waking state prior to
Realization. Many, if not all, of the waking state
assumptions regarding Realization and many other
things are radically alter after Realization. There is
not a continuum of "S/self" from waking state into CC.
That is an assumption of the waking state intellect
because it doesn't have a friggin' clue what will
happen in Realization. How can it? It only knows
waking state. There is a radical change in conceptual
understanding of Realization from waking state to the
intellect functioning in Realization. Realization can
not be conceived in waking state, but the waking state
intellect doesn't know that.