You seem to be forgetting that Shantinand was eventually declared by a later
version of the same committee to be unqualified so he stepped down.

"Richard J. Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Peter wrote:
> What is the point of this thread?

Does it have to have a point, Peter? Some people just feel better when
they have someone to talk to. Is that alright with you, if I talk with
some of the TMers on this list?

> You seem to be trying to make some point about MMY that I'm not
> getting.

The point is that the Swami Shankaracharya told some fibs to Robert
Kropinsky, so I'd like to set the record straight. So, I thought I'd
bring the subject up again for discussion. Do you have any comments to
make concerning the Mahesh Yogi being the clerk of Jyotirmath?

The name Mahesh doesn't appear on any of the Trust's literature and
there's no mention of a Mahesh Yogi being in the will as an
administrator. If you accept any of the above scenarios - the poison
rumor - the clerk rumor - I just don't see how a clerk is going to be
sitting on the bed at the point of the demise of a Shankaracharya, or
even in the same room with one, for that matter.

That is, unless you want to suggest that the Mahesh Yogi was much more
than a mere clerk, much more than a secretary, which would contradict
the statement by the Swami Swaroopanand in the Kropinsky interview to
the effect that Mahesh Yogi was a part-time, low-level, paper pusher
of low caste.

If so, how did the Mahesh Yogi become so powerful that he could
outsmart the Indian press and a whole committee of pundits down in
Kashi and get Swami Shantinand on the Gaddi? Go figure.