<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know if Sai Baba pulls the whole Michael Jackson "beat it"
> routine with kids, but I do know that he is a shitty magician.  I've
> seen the tapes of his versions of tricks that I learned when I was 10
> years old.  I saw his fumbling version of the "steal the Vibhuti from
> the napkin while pretending to wipe your hands" trick.  I've seen the
> same double sided vase that I got for my birthday as a kid, used to
> amaze his gullible followers. I've seen him palm amulets and produce
> them on film as if he pulled them out of his cosmic ass. You are
> letting him get away with a magic act that would not cut it in a 4th
> grade talent show.

Yes I've seen the slow motion videos exposing SB faking his
manifestations and have heard accounts from insiders of how SB keeps a
big closet full of trinkets that later get "manifested".  I've also
been told that SB did practice various occult techniques as a
youngster that gave him some "sidhis" and some of his magic acts are
real, but he doesn't always have the juice flowing so he also fakes in
order to keep his followers amazed.  The real problem here is that
followers would actually think his tricks, real or fake, are
indicative of spiritual enlightenment.