I stand corrected.  The guy sounds like a badass.  He can say anything
he wants!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Actually I was quoting Shimabuku, the founder of Isshin-Ryu.  His
family was more or less held hostage in Okinawa by the Japanese Army
in WWII while he was forced to train the elite of the elite in hand to
hand.  He was reputedly the greatest of his time in the empire.

FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick <jochadw1@>
> wrote:
> >
> > any real martial arts master will tell you that having to resort to
> any physical form of violence is the greatest form of weakness+
>
> Just the ones who can't really fight and rely on magic powers and
> bluffing. Did you catch the UFC last night? No weakness there.
>   I've watched an out-of-shape and heavy-breathing Isshin-Ryu master
throw a special forces guy around like a rag doll (i.e. by
pressure-points & Yin).