On Feb 23, 2007, at 2:20 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

I have no interest in this, except to correct
a mistake below:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hyperbolicgeometry"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since Harris claims to be a Buddhist, doesn't
make him (and Vaj) somewhat hypocritical?

Harris does not "claim to be a Buddhist," and
in fact in one of the articles that were part
of this ongoing debate has said explicitly that
he was not.

And he probably did this to counteract rumors
like the one you're perpetuating.

Interestingly, I have never once claimed to be a Buddhist. It's just an assumption he's making.

As I've said here before: Buddha-dharma is an Enlightenment school.

To the extent that "Buddhism" is an Enlightenment school, it succeeds; to the extent that is a "religion" or espouse religiosity, it fails.

IMO of course.