--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "nablusos108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > Conquering this 'foe' therefore is the first step in spiritual
> > > progress and is referred to as 'Yama'...or brahamacharya
> > (celibacy) in
> > > Patanjali's eight limbs of Yoga.
> > >
> > The question is when on our journey do we confront the 'dweller on
> > the threshold'?
>
> We don't. That's for other traditions of warriors. We are not on that
> path. We simply transcend that and comes out in the other end,
> transformed.

I would clearly have to disagree...in order to transcend to samadhi a
certain amount of spiritual purity must be garnered FIRST! Regular
meditation will help you to do this, meditation and activity go hand
in hand.

You must apply the power you achieve in Meditation, remember the
archer analogy.....to achieve success in life the arrow must be pulled
all the way back to achieve maximum force....then must be aimed
properly!! Your will does the aiming......