--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> sparaig wrote:
> > Does this mean that I'm doing TM wrong?
> >
> Transcending is an automatic process; it doesn't require any effort or
> striving because there is no goal, no destination. You are already in
> the enlightened state; your mind is just covered over with the
> appearance of the material world - Maya. All you have to do is isolate
> the Purusha and let it shine. It's that simple.

I am the witness: I begin the mantra effortlessly, and I witness it. I
witness it becoming finer and finer...I forget the mantra, and notice
I'm off on a thought...I remember the mantra again...there's a shift,
it becomes finer and finer...I can feel the witness throughout the
process, and sometimes, just sit with the witness, without any mantra,
and without any thoughts...just be.
Sometimes I can just be, and feel the body.
This I can feel is healing, just witness a sensation in the body, or
even an emotion held in the body, which is uncomfortable or frustrating.
I feeling the body, or witnessing the body, begins to heal it, and you
feel a shift at some point, so, something has moved out.
Many times, so-called stresses which Maharishi talks about;
Particularly, deep-rooted stresses, can be so intensely attatched to
your entire being, that sometimes more intense assistence is required
to remove these big stresses, or even other negative energies, lower
energies in the system.
I'm sure in India, when Maharishi was with Guru Dev, there were some
powerful ceremonies, and powerful being which would help to dispel any
deep rooted lower energies.
Many of these deep rooted lower energies, are what creates the chaos in
the world; many of these energies are carried by people without even
realizing it.
Releasing all of the baggage of the past, as well as the karma of the
ancestors, is not an easy road for most.
Only the sincerest seeker will arive there.
r.g.