--Vaj, you're attempting to divert attention from the real by
creating strawmen and bringing up practically unattainable goals.
For one thing, Gurus who have attained a Rainbow Light Body are
exceedingly rare, and I challenge you to bring up instances in which
they regularly appear in people's dreams.
 OTOH, countless people have experienced the Shakti of MMY, SBS, and
Ramana Maharshi.  True, SBS and RM didn't attain Rainbow Light
bodies, but we accept the benefits given to us, in whatever form is
most appropriate for time and circumstance.  Fine, if you want to
restrict your devotion to Rainbow Gurus, you may have to wait a long
time.  It's highly unlikely your own Guru Chogyal Namkhai Rinpoche
will acquire one.  He will rot in the grave like the others.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2007, at 7:36 PM, matrixmonitor wrote:
>
> > -bdlow: Vaj says Ramana is dead and the neo-Advaitins have
created a
> > type of pseudo-religion.  Vaj, for once, I agree with most of your
> > statements; and in corroboration, I will offer up a profound
> > statement of Adi Da: "Dead Gurus don't kick ass".  (an interesting
> > twist on the elder Bush's famous statement).  The real question,
> > though, is...: is the statement TRUE?
>
> Depends on the "guru" and the style of realization they had.
>
> Most advaitin realizers will transfer to one of the Brahma-lokas
on
> death of the physical body. The downside of course: they're still
in
> samsara, just a much nicer place than kali-yuga Earth. Even if
they
> happen to make it farther into Arupadhatu, or the formless world,
> they're still on the wheel. Do these type of beings visit dreamers
on
> Earth? This is the question we need to honestly ask ourselves.
>
> >   No.  Don't have time to go into this in detail, except to say
that
> > I've had two extremely powerful "inner plane" experiences with
> > Ramana; and in support of an opposing viewpoint, much
circumstantial
> > evidence points to his being MORE powerful being "dead" than
prior to
> > his physical death in 1950.
>
> Of course, that depends on whether or not your dream image of
Ramana
> IS Ramana in some dream guise or whether or not it is a karmic
> fabrication of Ramana from your own karmic traces: a karmic dream
vs.
> a real dream of clarity. Did you know anything of Ramana before he
> appeared in your dream? It all boils down to whether or not we
have
> the spiritual maturity to discriminate between a karmic dream
> fabricated from our own traces or from an actual samadhic dream.
And
> of course if it appeared in a dream and was something we liked, we
> naturally want to assume it is something "real" (Ramana visitng
us).
> But *was* it?
>
> >  For example, in the tape "Sage of Arunachala", the very last few
> > frames, people are shown leaving Sri Ramanasramam in 1950 after he
> > died.  Then the narrator continues by saying that after a brief
> > period had elapsed, people realized that his Presence was not only
> > undiminished, but rather, He (and associated murtis like the
> > Arunachala Hill and the Temple); became MORE powerful with time.
> >   The growing numbers of Neo-Advaitins tend to magnify his power,
> > even though only a few of them are still devoted to Ramana.
> >  To conclude, Ramana is FAR more powerful than most living Gurus,
say
> > Chogyal Namkhai Rinpoche.
> >  Also, Guru Dev (SBS) still "lives" every time a puja is done.
His