--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > From the Twilight Zone, Sauve division, here's
> > a cool synchronicity/support of nature story I
> > heard today. My neighbor R.Crumb is working on
> > a pretty serious project, Genesis. Yup, the first
> > book of the Bible, illustrated in comic form by
> > Robert Crumb. I know you're thinkin', "Yeah, yeah,
> > we're gonna have Mr. Natural saying, 'Let there be
> > light, Dudes...'" but it's not like that. He's
> > really doing what's written there in the Bible,
> > word for word, and merely illustrating it himself.
> > Merely.
> >
> > Anyway, summer's coming and with it, lots of
> > visitors to Chateau Crumb. So Robert, really
> > wanting to finish this project but easily dis-
> > tracted, decided to find an apartment away from
> > Sauve in which to work on this project non-stop.
> >
> > And so he and Aline are looking for such an apart-
> > ment and they find one owned by someone with the
> > last name of Crumb. No relation. Except that Mme.
> > Crumb is English, and did her doctoral dissertation
> > at Oxford on Genesis. She's fluent in Hebrew, Greek,
> > and all the other Biblical languages, and left all
> > of her source books on Genesis there in the apart-
> > ment that she's renting out. Her response to hearing
> > the project that Robert wanted to write in her apart-
> > ment? "Say no more. It's a done deal. The apartment
> > is yours." She's also willing to serve as a consul-
> > tant should Robert have any questions.
> >
> > Is that cool karma or what? And on all sides -- both
> > sets of Crumbs get something cool from the deal. It's
> > like a textbook example of interdependent origination.
>
> Cool story-- God works in mysterious ways, eh? ...just
> busting on ya...

That occured to me when writing it up. The exact
*same* story can be pointed to by God freaks as
an example of His good works and grace, and can
be pointed to (as I did) as a textbook example
of Buddhist interdependent origination, which has
no need for a God. As Bruce Cockburn once said
in a song:

Little round planet
In a big universe
Sometimes it looks blessed
Sometimes it looks cursed
Depends on what you look at obviously
But even more it depends on the way that you see

You say potáto, I say potàto. Same tuber.  :-)