--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote: <snip>
>
> >> On the other hand, I am trying to be more careful with my
writing.
> > Sometimes when I am writing, I will look back at what I have
written
> > and realize it didn't convey what I had intended. Case in point
was
> > my response to Rory's comment about our taking our subtitles of
the
> > life movie as gospel. As many things he writes do, it tickled me
and
> > I responded that it was a great joke. Later I realized that
could've
> > been miscontrued as me not taking what he said seriously. <snip>
>
> No worries, mate! It was meant both seriously and humorously (or
> neither, or whatever), likle most of the material I generate, and
> figure you got that (and That)! :-)

Yeah, I did- just like to check in sometimes. Like I said, language
can be cumbersome or fraught with assumptions if all the angles
aren't explicitly covered, and then who the heck wants to read it?!
Anyway I appreciate a lot of your stuff as having real substance,
and by that I mean I can turn it over and over in my mind and body
for a long time, sometimes for years. And I appreciate that, and
That!