Duveyoung wrote:
> To me Being is all the gunas perfectly balanced but
> still having the quality of being manifest -- that is,
> observable and thus distinct from the Absolute -- just
> exactly as a mirror is functional but "invisible" to
> human eyes that are tuned to see only to the mirror's
> reflections.

But Maharishi has said that the relative is separate from
the Absolute, that the Absolute is "free from the gunas",
and that the Absolute is not an object of knowledge.

"The Vedas mainly deal with the subject of the three modes
of material nature. Rise above these modes, O Arjuna. Be
transcendental to all of them. Be free from all dualities
and from all anxieties for gain and safety, and be
established in the Self."

http://www.asitis.com/2/45.html