--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have pretty much zero appreciation for hip hop, but I *loved*
> this video:
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=janXm1thRhM

Wonderful.

The thought that crossed my mind while watching it was: this kid's
parents obviously didn't let her sit in front of the TV while she was
growing up.  In addition to violin lessons, they must have also sent
her to ballet school.

And we're talking quite a workload because to be a passable
violinist, you have to practise at least 3 hours a day (and she's
quite good).  And the ballet had to take quite a bit out of her as
well.

And the fact that she's also into popular music suggests that her
parents aren't sticks-in-the-mud but allow her to find her own way.

She's a delight to see and hear.