--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <msilver1951@>
> wrote:
> >
> > This is totally off the topic so I expect some really, good off
the
> > topic responses. I bought a house two years ago here in beautiful
> > Colorado and throughout that time, the more I thought about the
loan,
> > the madder I started getting, specifically, paying all the
interest
> > up front. I borrowed a little over $100K and came up with the
rest.
> > The total cost of the house was $233,000.
> >
> > What these banks do is charge you all the interest up front.
>
> The banks are not front-loading interest. They are charging interest
> on a "pay-as-you-go" basis. That is, they are charging interest on
the
> outstanding principal. No more, no less. As the principal declines,
so
> does the interest on the remaining principal.

This is true for short term loans only, not 30 year fixed loans.

It appears on my statements that the interest IS frontloaded for
example on a loan of $117,000, for two years now, I've paid $20,000
in iterest and $3000 in principle. The $900 a month I'm paying is
paying off mainly interest first for the first ten years
(approximately). If I were to increase the principle amount of
payback, they would recalculate the interest and it's true that a
higher percentage of the principle would be coveredt. Mark

http://www.refinance-refinance.net/2006/04/10/mortgages-for-dummies-
mortgage-term-length.html

> For example, in the last boom phase of the real estate market,
> "interest only" loans were prevalent --- at least they
were "interest