On May 31, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Alex Stanley wrote:

The real reason VC wants the land is to stop the guy from building a
hog lot on his farm:

"Palm, who met with the supervisors in March about the process of
building a hog confinement, confirmed this morning that he is
pursuing a confinement and has contacted the Department of Natural
Resources, as well as a contractor.
      "The bottom line is we believe that the whole process is to
stop our progression with the farming operation," Ron Palm said."

today's Fairfield Ledger: http://tinyurl.com/28z6bl

Thanks, Bob. That puts the story into an entirely different perspective.

What nonsense, Alex. Whatever the alleged reason, it does not give them license to act like pr*cks.

Sal