Does anyone else notice the similarity of the
Judyspeak below to the recent postings by Lisa
and Joe? The *emphasis* is not on the relevant
issue (in this case, whether TMers were ripped
off by fellow TMers), but on establishing the
person who "thinks incorrectly" (in this case,
Vaj) as a "bad person," a "liar."

THAT is what Lisa and Joe have built their
"career" on, while "defending" Sai Baba. THAT
is what Judy Stein has built *her* "career"
on, while "defending" Maharishi.

It would be different, IMO, if, when confronted
by a post critical of Maharishi or the TMO, Judy
dealt with the discernible facts and ONLY the
facts. Google away! Provide all the documentation
in the world to support your stance.

HOWEVER, when you can't leave it at that, and
feel that you *have* to follow up the facts by
trying to get everyone here to agree that the
other person is a "liar," or "intellectually
dishonest" or otherwise untrustworthy, THEN
you have crossed the border into compulsive
ad hominem, into "shoot the messenger."

IMO, for Lisa and Joe, ad hominem is a way of
life. They *live* to demonize the critics of
Sai Baba. And as a result they have lost the
respect of pretty much every forum they have
ever touched. IMO, for Judy, sadly (because it's
a waste of a good intellect), ad hominem had also
become a way of life. And Judy wonders why she
"don't get no respect" here.

And the saddest part is that all three actually
feel GOOD about what they do. They see themselves
as some kind of hero, fighting for truth, justice,
and the American Way.

The day that Judy can respond to the facts and
*leave* it at the facts, without including one
of her "zingers" at the end of the post urging
other readers to think of the person she's
debating with or refuting as a liar or a fool
or intentionally misleading, then I'll "promote"
her to "aspiring hero." Until then, she's just
a mean-spirited bitch who gets off on trying
to convince others that they should hate the
same people she hates.