Rory wrote:

> > I believe they honestly can't; it appears that the
residual "vasanas"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My disagreements with MMY's perspective on human consciousness has
> nothing to do with emotions.

I liked your recent post pointing out you were cutting slack to Thai
beliefs that you weren't to TMers', and so on. I think you are on the
right track with that line of inquiry. I also think you generally try
to be open, and I respect that immensely. As I've said before,  of
the three pre-eminent TM "critics" here -- you, Barry, and Vaj -- to
me you your intellect feels the most "transparent" -- FWIW.

Curtis wrote:

> This is a Vedic sounding poopy pants argument.  Claiming to perceive
> "self-evident truth" reveals a lack of understanding of
epistemology.

Perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree here -- for me, the Self is
self-evident, when the time/space is right for the intellect to
surrender into the emptifulness and for the self to apperceive
itself. Don't know much about epistemology, but I suspect it has a
lack of understanding of the self :-)

> I don't portray your perspective as being the result of some
> psychological flaw Rory.  I give you credit for having good reasons
> for believing the things that you do based on your experiences and
> your conclusions.  There is a way to disagree with a person's POV
> without demonizing the person personally as having a psychological
> flaw or denial patterns.  And a smiley face at the end of a negative
> personal putdown doesn't make it positive.

It wasn't intended as a demonization or as a negative personal
putdown, Curtis; everyone has vasanas -- it is my own perception
*based on my own memories* -- if it doesn't fit your worldview, well
and good -- no harm, no foul!

:-)