In a message dated 7/13/07 12:19:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Whether  the founding fathers were christians or hindus is not
> relevant. You  don't look at the walls of buildings to determine the
> founding  fathers' views of gov't and religion, you read the
> constitution and  bill of rights which makes it perfectly clear that
> they intended this  country to be a haven for freedom of religious
> practice.

Yes,  but not limited to 'Christian' religious practice.

> But it does me  no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods
> or no god. It  neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
> -- Thomas  Jefferson

I have never said the founding fathers ever intended to prevent the  practice
of any other religion in the United States. But neither did they  establish a
secular government devoid of religious ideals and values. The  overwhelming
majority just happened to be Christian which influenced their  values and the
laws created.