Rory:
"Right, you didn't offer me that marvelous image to play with -- but
you *did* (in my reality anyhow) offer me your pain, which was all I
really wanted. To whatever degree You and I are separate, my
heartfelt thanks to You :-)"

Me: I have been enjoying lurking I have been thinking something about
how you write that I would like to run by you Rory.  I think you are
using language that very carefully does separate you from the person
you are responding to.  Almost to a post there is an assertion of your
separateness, specialness.  I think it is very important for you to
present yourself as having a special relationship with the world.  I
offer you another option and perspective for consideration.  We may
all actually be the same with regard to our states of consciousness.
What you are describing in sometimes Baroque detail may just be an
affectation of your use of words to describe states that everyone else
is living in without needing all the descriptions.  If you really want
a unitive experience, I suggest trying out the following premise: You
and I are actually the same.  No states of awakening separate us.
Neither of us are on any continuum of awareness before or after each
other.  We are both just simply human with the same limitations and
capacities.  Then go to the supermarket and look at everyone that same
equal way.  Everyone is just equally human and not on a path of
"awakening".  Just folks.

I hope this wont be taken as an attack although it is a judgment I am
making.  (BTW nuts are actually very hard to kick so their use in
fights is really overrated!)  I think we have established enough
rapport in previous posts to actually explore this topic a bit.  I
suspect Turq will have some perspective to share on this.

In my daily life I notice people's language as an attempt to assert a
ranking.  It is a version of monkey oneupmanship.  As a performing
artist I must push some people's buttons because I get a regular
stream of guys (always guys) who feel the need to try to find out what
I make as a performer.  It seems important for them to make sure I am
not making much money while having this much fun.  They ask a serious
of roundabout questions to determine that even though they hate their
jobs (their words) at least they are making more money.

Here on FFL it seems that there is another ranking system in place
between guys.  An enlightenment-O-meter.  It isn't easy for guys to
drop all the affections of our primate politics.  But it is sometimes
an option when chosen.  Are you willing to actually see me as an
equal?  Completely equal?  Not in some cosmic perspective way that you
unequally comprehend, but brother to brother?