--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <rorygoff@> wrote:

> > > He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that
> > > what new.morning was getting at is whether you or
> > > anyone who considers themselves enlightened are
> > > willing to "do the work" on your assumption that
> > > you're enlightened.
> >
> > Basically, as I understand it, one does "the work" on oneself in
areas
> > in which one feels pain or suffering, as these are signs of
incorrect
> > thinking or thinking "not in alignment with nature;" there is no
need
> > to examine ideas that don't hurt :-)
> >

> Nothing in stone says that the work can't be used in other ways. I
> don't have an understanding of any limits placed on the Work. Ron's
> recent post added to questions for interesting inquiries to use the
> Work for?
>
> Answers to the following questions seem to me to be fair game for
the
> Work -- and useful:
>
> Who am I?
> Is the world real?
> Do i accurately precieve and cognize what is "out there"?
> Does God exist?
> Is TM a great thing / a not good thing?
> Am I useful for others?
> Do I make judgements, and pre-judgments that are not necessary?
> Where dos the sky end?
> What was there before the universe was created -- the big bang?
> Is global warming a large threat?
> Should everyone drive a hybrid?
> Is Tarantino a good director / writer?
> Do bears shite in the woods?
> Is April really the cruelest month?
> Is the sky really blue?
> Are the colors I see really the colors of the things  I see?
> Is there life after death?
> Is fear real or useful?
> Who is Jesus?
> Who is SBS?
> Is Peter judgemental?
> Is Bush corrupt?
> Did the govt blow up the twin towers?
> Should capital gains tax be eliminated?
> Are apples the best PC's?
> Should the work only be done on areas in which one feels pain or
> suffering?
> Can one delude themselves about a state of being, a state of
> consciousness,  an altered state of consciousness,  perceptions,
> cognitive functions?
> Does God love me?
> Is Alison Krauss the best singer in the universe?
>
> Of course, you might suggest that these are all areas
> in which I feel pain or suffering.

No; much like Jim, I'd suggest these are essentially a waste of time
*unless* they're areas you're personally feeling particular pain and
suffering in. I would (if asked) further suggest working first on the
areas in which I feel the *most* suffering, in this moment, if any

:-)

> I would work on:
>
> How would Rory know what I feel and think inside?
> Do I care if Rory is mistaken?

Whatever floats your boat :-)