In a message dated 8/1/07 2:37:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I doubt  it will succeed, but not because I want it to fail, or am
not willing to  sacrifice for it. Basically my issue is that the war
wasn't designed to  bring democracy to the middle east. The war was
designed to do a lot of  things, and after all of them failed, then
the justification for bringing  democracy to the middle east was
dreamt up- and if you are honest and  recall how this went down, no
one, and I mean *no one* was talking about  invading Iraq to bring
democracy when this  began.

So what do you think Bush planned to do after ousting Saddam Hussein? Oh
yeah, steel the oil! But there wasn't any oil in Afghanistan to steel yet we
helped them organize a democracy after chasing the Taliban and Al Qaeda out.
Why
wouldn't there be plans to do the same for Iraq?