<snip>
> I think most non-professionals would be surprised at the degree of
> accuracy of some psychological and psychiatric professionals in
> assessing general state of mind and disorders such as personality
> disorders just based on a persons textual output. In a case like
> FFL, we're talking thousands and thousands of words, so these would
> not be mere passing observations. I think they would also be
> surprised what such professionals say about others they know (at
> work, friends, etc.) when they get together and their ability to
> accurately diagnose based merely on interactions, body language,
> etc.

I wouldn't be the least surprised, actually, at
any of this. But it has zero bearing on my
complaint.

> I know a number of professionals who've commented on the mental
> health of certain FFL participants and their appears to be some
> general agreement in their conclusions.
>
> But none of the above would I construe as formal diagnoses. I just
> feel some people want to pile on Dr. Pete and/or make a mountain
> out of mole hill.

If you can't see the breach of ethics involved, your
ethical sense is just as vacuous as Peter's.

And it has zero to do with his diagnosis being or not
being "formal." That's a big fat red herring.

I've pointed out what the problems actually are in
other posts. You haven't addressed any of them.

 It could also be that the person complaining does
> have some history of being picked on by peers since childhood or
> have some traumatic event that makes them especially sensitive to
> such statements.

<snicker> Not moi, sorry.