--- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- "Richard J. Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Quack!
> >
> > Thank you for your healthy response, Richard! It
> > appears to be given in the same spirit that I told
> you
> > to return to your antipsychotic medication. Some
> > people really got bent out of shape regarding my
> > rhetorical flourish in my attempt to say, "You're
> > crazy." Someone mentioined apologize. For what?
> And I
> > thought Richard was crazy!
>
> Funny, I explained in some detail what the problem
> was, then went through it all again when Peter asked
> me directly, but he apparently never read any of
> what
> I wrote. That way he can continue to pretend he
> doesn't know what the fuss is all about.
>
> Wouldn't you just *love* to have him as your
> therapist? Such integrity...makes you feel all
> warm and fuzzy, don't it?

Judy, I haven't replied to your post yet because I
read it once and when I returned to it the next day it
was gone because for some reason I only can keep a
certain number of post in my mail box. Your original
argument was ridiculous when you claimed that I had
violated some sort of confidentiality with Richard and
could only say what I did if I had his informed
consent. You embarassed yourself with such an absurd
argument because you obviously do not understand the
nature of a confidential relationship, who holds the
priviledge of confidentiality and what informed
consent is. If you do understand these terms then your
usually sharp intellect was clouded by your emotions.
Your second argument, however, does have some merit
IMHO. It refers to behavior by psychologists in a
non-professional context where some people could
attribute more authority to their words or behaviors
because they know they are a psychologist. The APA
struggles with this one to. In this instance with
Richard I basically was calling him crazy using
rhetorical excess based upon my knowledge of
psychological disorders and medications to treat those
disorders. The intent of this was a clever insult.
Some of you took this way too seriously and assumed I
was seriously diagnosing Richard and then revealing
some sort of confidence in asking him to return to a
specific anti-psychotic medication. It was a joke.
Abuse of power? I could see how it could be taken this
way. But it seems that Richard as well as many other
got my intent. Others misunderstood it and I
understand why they did. But apologize? PLEASE!