We reached a consensus on the excessive posting issue and all but a few
rebels have appreciated and adhered to the guideline. How about if we reach
a similar consensus regarding abusive language? I’d like to hear some
feedback on how people feel about this sort of behavior, either observing it
in others, being the brunt of it, or even dishing it out? Do you actually
feel better after verbally abusing someone, or does it leave you feeling
polluted? If I were to mandate behavioral guidelines, it would violate the
democratic, community spirit I’ve tried to establish on FFL. But if we can
collectively agree upon some basic standards of respect and decency, perhaps
we’ll all feel motivated to live up to them. Also, I won’t be playing the
“heavy” if I have to ban someone for a week for violating something we have
all agreed to.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:18 PM