From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Duveyoung
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:16 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Civil Speech and Behavior

I'm all for rules!!!!

Put yourself in my shoes. How would you enforce civility without becoming a
dictator and without even having the time to read all the posts here?
Everyone feels that their perspective is more or less right, and I’m no
exception. And maybe it is, but it’s only a slice of the pie of all
possibilities. Would you feel objective and righteous enough to pass
judgment on all the posters here? Could you be sure your own biases and
moods weren’t coloring your judgment? Simple rules are easy to enforce, such
as “here’s a list of insulting words you can’t use in addressing one
another,” but when we get into having to judge whether people are coarsening
the atmosphere by being insufficiently polite and respectful, it becomes
impossible to manage.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:18 PM