--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   I speak as someone new to FFL who mostly lurks. I sometimes feel
to share in a discussion but know that if I do, someone's sure to
throw shit at me, and it just isn't worth it. I think a lot of women
feel that way. It's why few women participate in this forum.

Bronte,

I can't think of any examples in five years or more on this forum, of
situations where people who post insightful posts, and who do not slam
others or engage in pettiness, that have ever had abusive posts thrown
back at them.

On the other hand, people who intentionally try to push
others' buttons, engage in strong criticism of others, try to
articulate the others' inner motives, hangups, and personality
disorders, are simply asking for the same in kind. And they get it,
usually as much or more than they give.

If you are genuine, considerate, not critical of others (stating
differences of opinion and analyzing others ideas are fine), and don't
post to incite, then it would be quite rare or ever that you would
have a disagreeable post tossed directly at you.

Let me give you an example. Marek, usually if not always, exemplifies
the positive qualities above. I cannot think of any disagreeable post
that Marek has ever received.

But as a hypothetical, lets imagine your posts also exemplified the
positive qualities above, and never the negative ones, and someone
posted something unwarranted, not so nice, about you. That is simple
their POV or their frustration. Why get upset, or take personally, a
confused frustrated person's POV? If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear
it. Move on.