--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@>
wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > If Judy or anyone calls you a liar or fuckhead, they should
> > > be banned for a week. Thats gratuatious flaming and is against
> > > the guidelines.
> >
> > It sure ain't gratuitous when it's in response to a
> > post headed, "Time to vote -- Who's a bigger liar
> > and fuckhead? John or Edg?"
> >
> > Try to keep up, eh?
>
> I disagree. Both are gratuitous.

Oh, please. If somebody asks for something and
you provide it, you haven't provided it
*gratuitously*.

> My view: yours above is a often
> repeated logical or perhaps social error.

No, you're just using a gratuitously broad
definition of "gratuitous."

 In my book, if someone is
> rude to me, it does not make my being rude ok.

Edg wasn't being rude to me, I was being rude to
him, but not *gratuitously*, because the rudeness
consisted of a frank, direct answer to his question
using the words he had used to phrase it.

I didn't say anything either way about its being
"OK." I'm just pointing out that it wasn't
*gratuitous*.

If you're walking down the street and somebody
shoves a dollar into your hand, that's gratuitous.
If you're a beggar with a tin cup asking me to give
you a dollar and I do, that isn't gratuitous.

> You appear to live by a different ethos.

That's a gratuitous assumption.

<snip>
> If you have not read the guidelines, perhaps its time you kept up.

And so is this.