>  What should we do about this?
Go stand up on your roof and shout:
"The fonts have been repaired! It's now ok to use Arabic Letter Farsi Yeh
U+06CC!!"

But as far as I know, BBC has never been one of the offenders although I'm
too lazy at the moment to check that and the other site  mentioned
earlier.  Anyhow, the default fontsize is usually too small to even see
those nasty dots not to mention the Yeh itself.

Why don't you do a survey and check some sites today and then check
back again in a couple of months.  Chances are, your having started this
thread (and the one last week) will have served as a wake-up call. Perhaps
that's all that was needed!

-Connie