>One could at least think of having multiple console drivers residing
>concurrently in a system, say CO80: and BW80: connected to different
>video systems and screens, and "CON" dynamically assigned

one can *always* think of something, that would break something else.
but with this kind of thinking, FAT16 would never have been presented to
users (there might be drives larger then 1 Gb ...)

BTW:
        I have a dual monitor configuration
        the second IS HGC
        I USE the hercules card - nearly every day
        I NEVER EVER got even the idea to install a DOS driver for that.
        I'm VERY happy to have a HGC card (and minitor)

IMO, I prefer
        working 2003 for > 98% all cases
over
        might work in 2010 - eventually (if I'm not too busy)

sorry for being harsh, but these 'one could think of' messages effectively
STOP
all useful work.

tom