Hi,

Just for information: future distributions of KEYB 2.0 may pack all the "compiled" KEY files into a single KEYBOARD.SYS, and so the problem of TARring is solved...

Aitor

Michael Kallas wrote:

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:22:05 +0300 (MSK)
From: "Arkady V.Belousov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,
As Arkady stated, untgz is available for DOS.
So I suggest that FreeDOS should use this technique.
Reason:
I don't care about FreeDOS CD-ROMs. They have 650 MB of space.
I care about 1.44MB installation disks and about 56k download modems.
So, including a limited set of keyboard files seems also ok for me if they
are compressed this way.
And, by the way, tgz is as much "DOS" as zip as there never was a zip/unzip
program contained in (MS-)DOS.