Well, the good point is that the code could be disposed after loading KEYB.
I haven't used these libraries, but I just wonder if one can decompress "parts" of a file, if the layouts are all (or most) in a single KEYBOARD.SYS file.
In any case, I think I'll leave this for version 3.X, there's enough stuff to keep me busy with 2.X already ;-)

Aitor

Arkady V.Belousov wrote:

Hi!

3-δΕΛ-2002 10:43 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Aitor Santamaria Merino) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

ASM> Just for information: future distributions of KEYB 2.0 may pack all the
ASM> "compiled" KEY files into a single KEYBOARD.SYS, and so the problem of
ASM> TARring is solved...

    Moreover: I vote to include decompression library into KEYB (and any
other utilities with external data files). There are some libraries with
good compression ratio, big unpacking speed (not much lesser than speed of
native memory copying), small code (around 50-200 bytes for depacker) and
small or none memory requirements for unpacking. For example, currently Jibz
develops one, which is simplified version of his aPLib. Example:

       original    30480
       pkzip 2.50  18086
       apack       17577
       lib         21571