Lennart Poettering wrote:
On Thu, 30.07.09 16:53, Matthew Woehlke (elided) wrote:

The "analog" path for CDDA is completely broken and obsolete:

- It doesn't work if you have more than one cd drive

Sure it does (assuming you have something to plug the second drive into). I've used two drives with one card; second drive was on AUX.

- It doesn't work if you have more than one audio device

Not really true, you just can only play via one device.

Of course, the other points are all valid. (Well, didn't know about not working with SPDIF, I would have assumed there would be an ADC in that case...)

--
Matthew
Disadvantage: Bad Puns [-5]