CD in is nothing more than an analog input. PA ignores all the analog inputs other than as a digital PCM source. Treating all the analog inputs as digital sources and not allowing the hardware to mix them to output has various drawbacks. I've just been covering some of them.

I'm out and about and using my phone to send this, so no long drawn out discussions are possible.