I was splitting each vial between Jazz and Grace.  The protocol I used called for one large dose (3/4 of the vial) followed in subsequent weeks by 1/4 of the vial (each day for 5 days).  I would give the first large dose to whomever was sicker, the middle phase both would get the smaller amount (wasting 1/2 a vial), and then the other cat would receive the larger dose during the last phase.  Does this make sense?  Neither of them has ever received a full vial in one injection.
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I was told to give Lucy 5 mu at a time, which is a whole vial and would leave nothing over. She is almost 11 pounds. Nina, do you have some left over because Jazz or Grace weighs under 11 pounds and so gets less than 5 mu at a time?

Since Lucy appears not to need surgery, I am just holding on to the VO for now. We need to move in a few months and I may use it before the move.
Michelle

In a message dated 3/9/05 3:40:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> A: Studies have demonstrated a stability of the molecule up to 3 weeks minimum at +4°C. Nevertheless, taking into consideration the fact that there is no preservative in the formulation of the product, the risk of contamination with fungus or bacteria exists. Nevertheless, if injections are performed in asepsis conditions (sterile needles...), the risk of contamination will be minimum.

Kyle,
This is fantastic news!  Thanks so much for finding this out for us.  I was terrified of using "left-over" feline interferon, now it appears it's safe as long as adequate sterilization methods are used with the vials.  I'm so pleased, this means we can stretch the premeasured vials!  I haven't had time to explore the link you provided, but you can be sure I will.  I'm also going to forward it to my vet's office.  I'll also send it to my biochemist pal, Kate, and ask her to translate the last paragraph!

Thanks Kyle, you're a gem!
Nina