Aw Jenn, doesn't it just make you crazy?  I hate it when they won't eat.  I'm sure they're still traumatized by their ordeal.  They were in a pretty sorry state when they got to you and the vet care they received is going to take some time to get over.  I hope this is just transitory and they bounce back quickly once they discover they're safe and feel so much better without those nasty mats and vermin on them.

I'm sorry I don't know the minimum requirements, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking about you guys and sending hungry thoughts your way.  My vet did prescribe some transdermal Cyproheptadine for Gypsy, so much less stress to dose than those nasty tasting pills.  I'm sure you know all the secrets of encouraging somebody to eat, but, have you tried; liquefying; warming the food slightly to bring out the aroma; dropping salmon oil on the top to make it smelly; something raw, maybe fish or liver; flat dish opposed to bowl?  I've been through it with Gypsy trying to get her to eat!

BTW, thank you for sharing your closet/isolation unit idea with us.  I've been looking at my closet in the master bedroom all morning thinking how I might convert it for my leaky bottom girl.

Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Whoops, I forgot to use the right email address... this is by me, guys!

Anyways, this is the 3rd day and they don't seem to be eating or drinking, so if you guys could remind me the required minimal amount of water I need to force feed for a 10 pound cat, that would be great. They will lick Nutri-cal off my fingers, so that's something I suppose.

Jenn

Yesterday I took in two severely neglected Persians. They both have been groomed (shaved and de-bugged), and one has had a full vetting (shots and neuter, but not FELV tested). Anyways, the one I spent all the money on, he was so matted that when they shaved him, his hair came off al in one piece. It literally looks like someone has skinned a cat, the hair came off in ONE BIG MATT! I didn't have enough money to get them both UTD of everything and both neutered, so the other one just had a haircut and revolution treatment for fleas and earmites. So, they are both much more comfortable now. Just wanted to share my newest arrivals with you guys. I have NO idea if they are FELV+ or not, ran out of funds for testing.

Anyways, I converted one of our closets into a isolation unit. You guys may be interested in this, it really works great. It's a average sized clothes closet, I took out the shelves and the clothes rod, and removed the wood door. Then I took an old glass storm window from storage and it fit right into the door frame, but only goes 3/4 of the way up the doorway. I made a little frame of rabbit wire and wood to cover the upper 1/4 of the doorway, and I secured the wire part to the top of the doorframe with wood screws, so it can flap up from the bottom. Then I just angled in two wood screws in front of the glass storm door frame in the doorframe, so all I have to do is unscrew two screws (I only screw them in about halfway), and the "door" is easily removed. I added a clamp lamp on one of the wood supports that held up the shelves. Now I have a nice 2x5 isolation room with a glass door I can see through to check up on the cats through, but my cats can't get nose-to-nose with the new cats through. They can see each other, and get to know each other, but with a solid glass barrier between them. It really works great. I put the old beat up foster and smith cat tree in there, it has two levels, a half-round cup and a solid tunnel, and now they have a place to get off the floor. I couldn't have done any better, if I do say so myself!

Just had to share with you guys, I think it's a genius idea, and what's the best is it doesn't consume any more floor space than before. I added two more cats without any loss of space. Who knew closets could be converted into cat rooms so easily! It looks surprisingly professional!

Jenn

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.0 - Release Date: 4/29/2005